If you’d like a point of connection (POC) report for your site, you can apply for one from us.
A POC report confirms the point(s) where a self-laid main can be connected to our existing mains network. Think of it as a feasibility study that will help you determine the scope of self-lay works, produce a viable design, and estimate costs from our standard charges document.
It's best to apply for a POC report at the detailed planning stage of a new development. If you're in the pre-planning phase, you'd be better off sending us a pre-planning enquiry.
Once you’ve applied and made the payment, we’ll get back to you within 5 days to let you know we’ve got your application and whether we’re missing any key details.
- A site layout plan (CAD format) defining site boundary, self-laid incoming access and utility routes
- A point of connection in line with our Design & Construction Specification
- Expected site water consumption
- Planning status and site reference number
- Land registry reference number
- Source of water delivery date
- Approved planning site layout plan detailing the local topography
- Details of special engineering difficulties
- Details of any known future development adjoining the site