Sewerage services

Whether you're planning a small extension, the development of several hundred houses or a commercial/industrial venture, we can help.

beach huts

The Developer Services ‘Pre Development’ and ‘Sewer Adoption’ teams are here to support developers and homeowners with the drainage requirements and designs for their new developments - whether that be a domestic extension or a large housing development. We'll support your new development proposals, while making sure we maintain the integrity of our existing public sewer network.

Unsure which service you need?

We've created a guide to help you find what you need.

Read our developer services guide

Apply online

Our online forms are the easiest way to submit and pay for your application.

Pre-planning sewerage enquiry

Submit a pre-planning sewerage enquiry before you buy a site or apply for planning approval.

Sewerage connections

You'll need a sewerage connection to take wastewater away from a new building.

Sewer adoptions

Apply for your sewerage assets to be adopted by us.

Building over a public sewer

Check if there are Yorkshire Water assets near your development.

Sewer diversions

Put in a request for a public sewer to be altered/diverted.

Capital schemes

Apply for our help with a challenging development.

Sewer closure

Put in a request for us to close part of a public sewer.

Adoption of pumping stations

Review our requirements for the adoption of a pumping station.