Set up or change a Direct Debit
Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay and you’ll be able to choose when you make your payments.
If you want to change your existing Direct Debit, just complete our form with your new details and we’ll change your payment plan.
How we work out your monthly payments
If you’re a new customer, we’ll base your payments on the amount of water we expect the number of people in your home to use.
Once you’ve been with us a while, we look at the balance on your account and your last two meter readings. We use these numbers to work out what your charges will be for the next year.
We normally review your payments every 12 months, but if we see a big change in your water use, we may amend your payments sooner.
Do you have questions about Direct Debits?
How do I change my Direct Debit?
To change any of your Direct Debit details just complete our Set up or change a Direct Debit form and we’ll change your payment plan.
How often can I make Direct Debit payments?
If you have a water meter, you can choose to pay quarterly (every 3 months) or monthly.
If you don’t have a water meter, you can choose to pay annually, half-yearly or monthly, over 8, 10 or 12 months.
Can I cancel my Direct Debit?
What are the benefits of paying by Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit instructs your bank or building society to allow us to collect payments from your bank account.
We’ll always let you know how much your payments will be and the date we'll take them.
What is the Direct Debit Guarantee?
The Direct Debit Guarantee protects you in the rare event there’s an error in the payment of your Direct Debit. Here are the details, taken from the Direct Debit website:
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 5 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify the organisation.