Your bill & account

Everything you need to understand your bill and manage your account

Nosey cow

Win free water for a year!

Pay your water bill by Direct Debit and you'll be in our prize draw to win free water for a year. T&Cs apply.

Switch to Direct Debit

Your account

Log in to your account and you can:

  • see your account balance
  • see your payment history
  • switch to paperless billing
  • change the way you pay
  • submit a meter reading
  • see your old bills
  • see your closed accounts.

Log into your account


Pay your bill

In this section you can:

  • pay your bill
  • set up a Direct Debit
  • make a card payment
  • find out about payment options
  • change the way you pay
  • request a copy of your bill
  • learn more about your bill.

Pay your bill

Washing line

Moving home

Our online forms are the quickest and easiest way to tell us you’re moving - just fill in the form and we’ll take care of everything else.

You can use these forms to:

  • tell us you're moving
  • open an account if you're a new customer
  • close an account.

Tell us you're moving

Fish bowl

How we work out your bill

In this section you can find out:

  • what you pay for
  • how much you’ll pay
  • how we calculate your bill
  • What a cubic metre (m3) is.

Find out how we work out your bill

Cup of tea

Water meters

Find out how much you could save, what's involved with fitting a meter and apply for one.

See if you could save

Two glasses of water


If you need to close an account because someone has passed away, we’re here to help during this difficult time.

Visit our bereavement page to find out how we can help and what to expect.

Tell us someone has passed away


How we can help

Priority services

We want to make sure everyone is happy and safe, and we have lots of ways to help make that happen - you just need to let us know how we can help.

Join our Priority Services Register

Cat sleeping

Help paying your bill

We don't want anyone to have to worry about paying their water bills, so if you're struggling, please let us know or apply for one of our schemes.

Help to pay

Piggy bank

The bill payer is deceased. What should I do?

Please contact us with the executors' details and tell us whether the property is now unoccupied.

Why have you sent me a leaflet about how you share and use my personal data?

To let you know about our responsibilities around the use of your personal data and what Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies do with data that we share with them. It is a legal requirement under the Data Protection Act 1998 to clearly explain what we will and won't do with your data.

How do I change the name on my account?

Please get in touch so we can talk to you about the changes you need.

How can I check that my payments have been made?

The payments you've made can be seen in your online account in 'view account detail'. If you don't have an online account it's easy to register. You'll need your customer reference number to link your account.

Payments may take a few working days to show on your account.

Can I view my bill online?

Yes, you can register for an online account to view your bills online.

I've received an estimated bill. What can I do?

You don't need to do anything. The estimate reading is calculated based on previous water usage and they're usually accurate.

Can I pay my bill by phone?

You can pay your bill by debit or credit card by telephone by using our automated bill payment service by phoning 0345 1 247 247 (available 24 hours a day).

What if I don't pay my water bill?

We want to help you if you can't pay your bill. If you don't pay or contact us, we will give you 7 days to bring your payments up to date, but if you can't pay in full in that time, please contact using the links at the bottom of this page.

If you don't pay or contact us we may:

  • Issue a County Court claim which will add costs to your bill.
  • Apply to the county court to ask for a judgment to be entered against you.

If you don't pay the judgment order, we will ask the court to issue:

  • Attachment of Earnings: the court will contact your employer to deduct money from your wage OR
  • Writ of Control: a High Court Enforcement Officer will visit your home and make take your belongings OR
  • Charging Order: if you own your own your home we will ask the court to put a charge on it, which may prevent you re-mortgaging or selling your home OR
  • Warrant of Control: a County Court bailiff will visit your home and may take your belongings

If we are unable to enforce the judgment, we will pass your account to an External Debt Collection Agency.

We don't want to have to take any of these actions, so please get in touch.

When is my payment due?

You need to pay the bill when you receive it. If you have a payment plan your statement will show you the dates your payments are due.