In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
West of Ripponden.
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The reservoir path is consistently 2 metres wide and surfaced. There are minimal steep gradients. There are no gates, steps or stiles on the route, except for roadside kerbs at points 3 and 4 between 5 and 10cm high ). The steps out of the car park can currently be avoided by entering the pavement via the entrance gate please take extra care as this is also the vehicular entrance.
How to get there
You can use our free car park (HX6 4LR) which is just off the A58 (Rochdale Road), at the north-east corner of the reservoir (point 1).
Travel 2.5 miles west along the A58 until you reach the left turn into the car park.
Travel 5 miles east along the A58, until you reach the right turn into the car park.
By public transport
New Inn Cottage Bus Stop is on the A58, less than 100m from the car park entrance. Buses from both directions stop at the same spot.