In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
West of Ripponden.
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Varied terrain – the reservoir path is wide and well surfaced with minimal steep gradients. The remainder of the route includes sections over rough, uneven ground and includes steps and stiles. Some of the walk can be boggy and muddy at wetter times of year. Includes a section of steep climbing (about 250m long). We recommend sturdy walking boots.
How to get there
You can use our free car park (HX6 4LR) which is just off the A58 (Rochdale Road), at the north-east corner of the reservoir (point 1).
Travel 2.5 miles west along the A58 until you reach the left turn into the car park.
Travel 5 miles east along the A58, until you reach the right turn into the car park.
By public transport
New Inn Cottage Bus Stop is on the A58, less than 100m from the car park entrance. Buses from both directions stop at the same spot.