We're carrying out essential work that may affect your visit
To keep everyone safe while we're working, we need to close the crest road over the embankment.
You won't be able to walk your usual route for a while, but don't worry there's a diversion in place!
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open during the national lockdown for people to exercise locally. We ask that you follow the latest guidance to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe. In the current lockdown this includes:
- Please do not travel to one of our sites if it isn’t local (which the government has defined as the village, town, or part of a city where you live).
- Please only visit to exercise with your household, your support bubble, or to meet one other person.
All our toilet facilities are currently closed so please be mindful of this when visiting.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Please maintain social distancing throughout your visit.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you and do not light any BBQs or fires.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Less than 10 miles west of Harrogate and north of Otley, just off the A59
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Mostly wide and well surfaced, however there are some short sections of path with fairly steep gradients and larger stones (over 30mm). there are no steps, stiles or gates on this route.
How to get there
This route starts at our free Swinsty Moor car park (LS21 2NP) at the southern end of the Fewston Reservoir Embankment. Please note that there is a 2.2m height barrier. Alternative parking is available at Blubberhouses car park (LS21 2NY) where there is a 2.1m height barrier across the entrance to the car park.
head North on the A61 Ripon Road towards Ripley. Shortly after leaving Harrogate, take the A59 at the roundabout heading towards Skipton. Follow the A59 for 8 miles. Fewston Reservoir car park is on your left heading towards Skipton.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Fewston Reservoir.
Make a day of it
While you're here, why not try another walk?
|10 miles||3 out of 4||
|6.2 miles||3 out of 4||
|3 miles||1 out of 4||
|4.25 miles||4 out of 4||
|4.5 miles||3 out of 4||
More things to do near Harrogate
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike, a bike ride with the family, a bit of pony trekking or an afternoon of fishing, there's plenty to do around Harrogate.