We're carrying out essential work that may affect your visit
To keep everyone safe while we're working, we need to close the crest road over the embankment.
You won't be able to walk your usual route for a while, but don't worry there's a diversion in place!
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
10 miles West of Harrogate
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route features stiles, some steep climbs and muddy paths. However, the vast majority of this walk is on wide, well surface paths and forest tracks.
How to get there
This route starts at our free Swinsty Moor car park (LS21 2NP) at the southern end of the Fewston Reservoir Embankment. Please note that there is a 2.2m height barrier. Alternative parking is available at Blubberhouses car park (LS21 2NY) where there is a 2.1m height barrier across the entrance to the car park.
From Harrogate, head North on the A61 Ripon Road towards Ripley. Shortly after leaving Harrogate, take the A59 at the roundabout heading towards Skipton. Follow the A59 for 8 miles. Fewston Reservoir car park is on your left heading towards Skipton.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport available to this reservoir.
More things to do near Harrogate
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike, a bike ride with the family, a bit of pony trekking or an afternoon of fishing, there's plenty to do around Harrogate.