We're carrying out essential work that may affect your visit
To keep everyone safe while we're working, we need to close the crest road over the embankment.
You won't be able to walk your usual route for a while, but don't worry there's a diversion in place!
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
10 miles West of Harrogate
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route features stiles, steep climbs and muddy fields. The route has uneven ground for much of the walk but is a wide surfaced track between points 1-3.
How to get there
The route starts at our free car park at Stack Point (HG3 1SU), along the eastern edge of Swinsty Reservoir. Please note that there is a 2.2m height barrier.
Head west, either via the A59 or Penny Pot Lane. When you reach a junction with the B6451, turn left and then shortly afterwards turn right onto Wydra Lane (signposted Fewston 1 mile). After about half a mile, when you reach a crossroads, turn left onto Cobby Skye Road. Shortly afterwards, at the T junction, turn left again and continue for less than ½ mile until you reach the car park on your right.
By public transport
Unfortunately, there is no public transport currently available to Fewston Reservoir.
More things to do near Harrogate
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike, a bike ride with the family, a bit of pony trekking or an afternoon of fishing, there's plenty to do around Harrogate.