In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Situated in the charming Washburn valley, sharing an embankment with Swinsty Reservoir, Fewston is popular with walkers and runners. Cyclists and horse-riders can also make use of their own permitted tracks in the surrounding woodlands.
There's plenty of choice for those seeking recreation at Swinsty Reservoir; whether you’re looking for a gentle stroll around the well-surfaced reservoir paths or a wander through the nearby fields and woods. Also welcome are cyclists and horse riders, as well as anglers seeking high quality course and fly fishing.
You can use our free car park, which is on Reservoir Road (HG3 4BB) next to the dam wall. Please note, there is a 1.8 metre height barrier.
Follow the A59 Harrogate/ Skipton road towards Skipton for 8 miles and turn right shortly after a metal roadside barrier onto Hall Lane signposted for West End. Follow Hall Lane for another 0.5 miles and turn right onto Reservoir Road. Follow the road for 100 metres to find the car park on your right.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Thruscross Reservoir.
More things to do near Harrogate
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike, a bike ride with the family, a bit of pony trekking or an afternoon of fishing, there's plenty to do around Harrogate.