In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Northwest of Low Bradfield, near Sheffield
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
A mixture of roads, fields, surfaced tracks and unsurfaced paths. The route is mainly fairly level, however this is an uphill section up to High Bradfield. Good sturdy footwear is recommended.
How to get there
This route begins at the public car park, off The Sands in Low Bradfield (S6 6LA). There is also some roadside parking in Low Bradfield.
Head west on the B6077/Loxley Road for 3 miles to High Bradfield. Turn left onto Woodfall Lane and down the hill to Low Bradfield. At the T-junction with Mill Lee Road, turn right and then right again onto the Sands. The car park is on the right after about 100 metres.
By public transport
Low Bradfield is accessible by bus. There is a bus stop where Smithy Bridge Road meets Mill Lee Road; just a two minute walk away from the start point of the route.
For up to date travel information from any location visit google maps to search directions.
More things to do near Sheffield
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike, a bike ride with the family, a bit of pony trekking or an afternoon of fishing, there's plenty to do around Sheffield.