We're carrying out essential work that may affect your visit
To keep everyone safe while we're working, we need to close the footpath along the north shore of Scar House reservoir.
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
We have a free car park, which is near the end of the reservoir dam and does not have a height barrier. To get here, follow Yorkshire Water’s private tarmac access road, which turns off to the right about 100 metres after Lofthouse village when driving towards Middlesmoor.
To get to Lofthouse Village from Pateley Bridge, follow Low Wath Road for about 7 miles.
Follow Fearby Road, which becomes Keld Bank and passes through Healey and Leighton. After Leighton Reservoir, Keld Bank becomes Pott Bank, then Pott Moor High Road, then Trapping Hill before entering Lofthouse Village, about 10 miles from Masham. Take a right at the T-junction, then look out for the Yorkshire Water access road on the right after about 150m.
By public transport
Unfortunately there's no public transport currently available to Scar House Reservoir.