In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Redmires Reservoirs are a series of three reservoirs less than 10 miles away from the centre of Sheffield. Despite their proximity to a large city, the reservoirs are situated in stunning open moorland.
This route begins at our free car park at Rivelin Dams (S6 6GH). Alternative parking is available at the public car park at S10 4QZ (this is not owned or managed by us), where the road bends at the north-western edge of the Redmires upper reservoir. There is also some roadside parking along Redmires Road – please park carefully and with consideration for other road users.
Head west out of Sheffield City Centre on the A57 (keeping right after 1 mile where the A57 leaves Fulwood Road). After 5 miles, turn left to cross Rivelin Reservoir embankment – the car park is on the left before the bend in the road.
There are only 9 parking spaces at our Rivelin car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
By public transport
There are bus stops along the A57, such as Wyming Brook Drive bus stop.