In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Less than 6 miles from the centre of Sheffield, Rivelin is a peaceful natural retreat from inner city life. The surrounding woodlands are managed by the Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust and play host to all kinds of wildlife.
There is a public car park (this is not owned or managed by Yorkshire Water), where the road bends at the north-western edge of the upper reservoir (S10 4QZ). There is also some roadside parking – please park carefully and with consideration for other road users.
Head west out of Sheffield City Centre on the A57 and keep right after 1 mile where the A57 leaves Fulwood Road. Continue on the A57 (Manchester Road) for ¾ of a mile, then turn left onto Sandygate Road. After about a mile, Sandygate Road becomes Redmires Road; continue for just over 3 miles to your destination.
By public transport
There is a bus stop at Lodge Moor Terminus, which is just over 2 miles from the start of the reservoir walking route.
More things to do near Sheffield
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike or an afternoon of fishing and sailing, there's plenty to do around Sheffield.