We hope you never have to make a complaint, but we know we don't always get everything right. You'll find our complaints procedure and everything you'll need to make a complaint on this page.

Lower Barden Reservoir

If things go wrong, we do all we can to put them right.

We welcome any comments, questions or issues and we’ll get back to you quickly and fairly. We know we’re not perfect but we’ll try really hard to put things right and improve for the future.


What happens if we don’t get it right first time?

We try our best to get things right first time but we know that we do fall short from time to time. We’re really sorry if this happens - please let us know as soon as you can.

The quickest and easiest way to make a complaint is to request a call back from one of our friendly specialist team. We can usually sort out any issues, there and then. If we can’t, don’t worry, we’ll get back to you by the end of the next working day (Monday to Friday).


Talk to our complaints team

Call us on 0345 1 24 24 24

Usually takes 20 minutes (including hold time)
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Saturday 9am-5pm
Sunday and bank holidays Closed

Write to us

PO Box 52, Bradford, BD3 7YD

Phone illustration

Still unhappy?

Here are your next steps:


Stage 1

The first stage is to get in touch to let us know you’re not happy. 

We aim to sort out your complaint at this stage, we’ll get to the root of the problem and do all we can to help. We’ll try really hard to come up with a solution we’re both happy with.

If we can’t deal with your complaint when you first contact us or if we need to look into it further, we aim to reply to you within 7 working days from the date we received your complaint.

If you’re unhappy with the outcome, you can request a Stage 2 review.


Stage 2

Please let us know if you’re still not happy and a member of our team who hasn’t been involved with your case before will take another look at your complaint.

In the unlikely case that you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint at this point, then you can request an independent review by CCW.


Stage 3

If after step 2, you’re still not happy or we haven’t sorted your complaint within 8 weeks of when you first contacted us, you can then ask for an independent review from CCW – the voice for water consumers. CCW is an independent body set up to make sure the customers voice is heard and they’ll investigate customer complaints.


Contact CCW

Write to:

1st Floor
Victoria Square House
Victoria Square

Pencil illustration

Making a complaint about Drainage and Water searches provided by Safe-Move

Safe-Move is a trading arm of Yorkshire Water and supplies Drainage and Water searches (CON29DW) and other conveyancing related products. Safe-Move has put in place procedures to ensure that customers receive support in the event of any complaint. For further information, please visit the Safe-Move website.

Visit Safe-Move

huts on a beach

Making a Public Liability injury claim against Yorkshire Water

Fast Track personal injury claims (incident date 31 July 2013 onwards) brought against Yorkshire Water Services Ltd by solicitors acting on behalf of claimants must be submitted through the online EL/PL Portal system. The correct Portal compensator name for such claims is Kelda Group Ltd and our Portal system reference is G231.

Codes of practice

Our Customer Charter and our other policies are available for you to read. Our Customer Charter details our service commitments, including the payments you’re entitled to if we don’t meet our promises.