In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
South of Mytholmroyd near Cragg Vale.
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Between points 1 and 4 on the walk guide, the path follows a wide track which is poorly surfaced for most of the stretch. Beyond point 4, the path follows a narrow grassy path on the edge of the reservoir which can be boggy. The route remains flat with no climbing or descending. There are two gates and no stiles.
How to get there
You can use our free car park, the starting point of this walking route, which is on Rudd Lane (HX7 5TD), 300 metres before the reservoir embankment on the left. Please note, there is a 1.8 metre height barrier.
Take the B6138 (Cragg Road) which follows Cragg Brook heading south towards Cragg Vale. After 2 miles, when you reach Cragg Vale, turn right onto Church Bank Lane which becomes Rudd Lane. In about ¼ mile, turn right to stay on Rudd Lane for another mile, until you arrive at Withens Clough car park on the left.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Withens Clough Reservoir.