In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open during the national lockdown for people to exercise locally. We ask that you follow the latest guidance to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe. In the current lockdown this includes:
- Please do not travel to one of our sites if it isn’t local (which the government has defined as the village, town, or part of a city where you live).
- Please only visit to exercise with your household, your support bubble, or to meet one other person.
All our toilet facilities are currently closed so please be mindful of this when visiting.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Please maintain social distancing throughout your visit.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you and do not light any BBQs or fires.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
South of Mytholmroyd near Cragg Vale.
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Between points 1 and 4 on the walk guide, the path follows a wide track which is poorly surfaced for most of the stretch. Beyond point 4, the path follows a narrow grassy path on the edge of the reservoir which can be boggy. The route remains flat with no climbing or descending. There are two gates and no stiles.
How to get there
You can use our free car park, the starting point of this walking route, which is on Rudd Lane (HX7 5TD), 300 metres before the reservoir embankment on the left. Please note, there is a 1.8 metre height barrier.
Take the B6138 (Cragg Road) which follows Cragg Brook heading south towards Cragg Vale. After 2 miles, when you reach Cragg Vale, turn right onto Church Bank Lane which becomes Rudd Lane. In about ¼ mile, turn right to stay on Rudd Lane for another mile, until you arrive at Withens Clough car park on the left.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Withens Clough Reservoir.