In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
West of Cragg Vale, south of Mytholmroyd.
4 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route features stiles and steep muddy fields. Stoodley Pike is very exposed, and the weather can turn quickly. We recommend you bring sturdy boots, warm clothing, waterproofs and extra food/drink for this high level walk.
How to get there
You can use our free car park, the starting point of this walking route, which is on Rudd Lane (HX7 5TD), 300 metres before the reservoir embankment on the left. Please note, there is a 1.8 metre height barrier.
Take the B6138 (Cragg Road) which follows Cragg Brook heading south towards Cragg Vale. After 2 miles, when you reach Cragg Vale, turn right onto Church Bank Lane which becomes Rudd Lane. In about ¼ mile, turn right to stay on Rudd Lane for another mile, until you arrive at Withens Clough car park on the left.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Withens Clough Reservoir.