In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
North-West of Hebden Bridge.
4 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The paths are mostly well-surfaced paths but there is a long, steep and rocky climb at the beginning followed by a rocky/grassy climb down the other side (point 2-5 on the walk guide). There are no steps or stiles on this walk, but the climb can be quite intense and exposed on a bad day.
How to get there
Our free car park can be found on Widdop Rd, HX7 7AZ and doesn’t have a height barrier.
From Hebden Bridge
Take the A646 heading towards Burnley. After 0.7miles, keep an eye out for a turning area on your left to turn around and head back towards Hebden Bridge on the A646. After 0.3miles take Heptonstall Road, heading towards Heptonstall. After 2miles turn right onto Widdop road heading towards Widdop. Follow this road for 10 miles when the car park will appear on your right.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Widdop Reservoir.