In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open during the national lockdown for people to exercise locally. We ask that you follow the latest guidance to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe. In the current lockdown this includes:
- Please do not travel to one of our sites if it isn’t local (which the government has defined as the village, town, or part of a city where you live).
- Please only visit to exercise with your household, your support bubble, or to meet one other person.
All our toilet facilities are currently closed so please be mindful of this when visiting.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Please maintain social distancing throughout your visit.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you and do not light any BBQs or fires.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Holmbridge, South of Huddersfield.
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route is mainly on muddy paths which can be rocky and uneven. There is a small stream crossing and a fairly steep decline and incline as you enter the Valley at point 3 on the walk guide. However, from point 4 onwards, the vehicle track is wide and well surfaced apart from potholes.
How to get there
Car parking is available at our free car park on Brownhill Lane, HD9 2QW
There are only 10 parking spaces at this car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
Head south-west on Huddersfield Road/A6024. After 1.8 miles, you will pass through Holmbridge and just after the bridge crossing the River Holme, turn left onto Bank Lane which bears sharply right after 250
feet. Bank Lane becomes Bronwnhill Lane and after 0.8 miles, you will find Ramsden Car Park on your left.
By public transport
The closest bus stop is in Holmbridge which is 1 mile from the start of the walk.