In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Holmbridge, South of Huddersfield.
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route is mainly on muddy paths which can be rocky and uneven. There is a small stream crossing and a fairly steep decline and incline as you enter the Valley at point 3 on the walk guide. However, from point 4 onwards, the vehicle track is wide and well surfaced apart from potholes.
How to get there
Car parking is available at our free car park on Brownhill Lane, HD9 2QW
There are only 10 parking spaces at this car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
Head south-west on Huddersfield Road/A6024. After 1.8 miles, you will pass through Holmbridge and just after the bridge crossing the River Holme, turn left onto Bank Lane which bears sharply right after 250
feet. Bank Lane becomes Bronwnhill Lane and after 0.8 miles, you will find Ramsden Car Park on your left.
By public transport
The closest bus stop is in Holmbridge which is 1 mile from the start of the walk.