In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
South-west of Holmfirth.
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Varied; with surfaced tracks and unsurfaced paths and a short distance of roadside walking (mostly on the pavement). This route includes steps and some steep sections.
How to get there
This route starts at our free Digley Quarry Car Park (nearest postcode HD9 2QD). Alternative free parking is available at Digley South Car Park (nearest postcode HD9 2RX); to the southern end of the embankment.
Follow the A6024 (Woodhead Road) south-west towards Holmbridge. After 1 ½ miles, turn right onto Field End Lane which then becomes Bank Top Lane. After just over half a mile, Bank Top Lane becomes Digley Royd Lane where Fieldhead Lane meets from the left. At this T-junction, Either continue on Digley Royd Lane until you will soon reach Digley Quarry Car Park on your left, or turn left onto Fieldhead Lane towards Digley South Car Park (which is on the right after the embankment).
There are only 39 parking spaces across the two carparks, and they fill up quickly most days.
By public transport
Buses are available to Holmclose; which is a mile east of the reservoir, or to Holme, about a mile to the south.