In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Ewden Valley, south of Stockbridge.
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The path is gently undulating and well surfaced, with a consistent two metre width throughout. There are no steps or stiles on this route.
How to get there
There is no car park at More Hall Reservoir, however some roadside parking is available along the access road which runs along the north side of the reservoir, particularly near points 1 and 4 on the walk guide (S36 4ZD). Please park with consideration for other road users.
Head south on Manchester Road/A6102 for 1½ miles. Turn right, following the signs for Bolsterstone and Sailing Club, but keep left of the fork to enter More Hall’s access Road rather than going up More Hall Lane. Continue for about 1km until you see the tower at the northern end of the embankment and point 1 of this route.
By public transport
There is a bus stop at the junction between the A6102 and More Hall’s access road, which is about 1km from the start of this route.
More things to do near Sheffield
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike or an afternoon of fishing and sailing, there's plenty to do around Sheffield.