In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Scout Dike Reservoir
North of Penistone is Scout Dike reservoir, a charming reservoir with a medium length walk around the perimeter, which is mostly well surfaced apart from the final stretch.
Royd Moor Reservoir
Royd Moor is the smallest of the three reservoirs just to the North of Penistone. The land around the reservoir is planted with mature native oak trees and lots of wildflowers, making it a nature lover’s retreat all year round.
On-street parking is located on Wellthorne Lane, S36 7GN.
Take the B6462 heading north for about a mile, until you reach the A629. Turn left and continue on the A629 for the next mile and a half, then turn left onto Wellthorne Lane.
By public transport
There are bus stops a 5-minute walk from the start of this route, near where Wellthorne Lane meets the A629.