In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Agden reservoir, completed in 1869, sits above Damflask Reservoir with Dale Dike and Strines Reservoirs to the south-west.
Damflask sits just within the boundary of the Peak District National Park, giving it a beautiful countryside setting whilst still being easily accessible from the centre of Sheffield, just 5 miles to the east.
There is no car park at Dale Dike Reservoir, however some roadside parking is available (such as at points 1, S6 6LE, and 7, S6 6JE, on the route) – please park carefully and with consideration for other road users.
Head west/north-west out of Sheffield via Loxley Road (B6077), past Loxley and towards High Bradfield. After about 4 miles, when you reach High Bradfield, turn left down Woodfall Lane and around the village green at Low Bradfield. Go over the bridge and right onto Fairhouse Lane, which then becomes Annet Lane. Keep right as Annet Lane becomes Dale Road and then continue for another ¾ mile to where this walk begins.
By public transport
There is a bus stop where Fair House Lane becomes Annet Lane, about a mile away from the start of the route.
More things to do near Sheffield
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll around a reservoir, a challenging hike or an afternoon of fishing and sailing, there's plenty to do around Sheffield.