Water is a precious resource and the population of Yorkshire is forecast to increase by 855,000 people over the next 25 years. Climate change has the potential to create further shortages and stresses, and could also increase household and business demand for water. So we’ve taken account of climate change in our plans and forecasts right up to 2040.
We are working hard to ensure that water needs are met now and in the future by using water wisely and inspiring others to do the same.
Discover more about how we are securing water supplies into the future and how we are reducing our own water consumption as well as working with our customers to help them do the same.
Each and every day we need to ensure that we manage water resources across Yorkshire.
We work hard to monitor and manage the network every day to make sure everyone has exactly what they need, using our innovative water supply grid to move water to where it's most needed.
Take a look below to read more about our water resources management plan and what we would do when the worst happens.
Water resource management plan documents
- Statement of Response to Draft Water Resources Management Plan 2019 consultation
- WRMP19 Non Technical Summary
- WRMP19 Executive Summary
- Water Resources Management Plan 2019
- WRMP19 East Surface Water Zone data tables
- WRMP19 Grid Surface Water Zone data tables
- WRMP19 Post Adoption Statement
- Draft WRMP19 Further information in support of your statement of response
- WRMP19 SEA Non - Technical Summary
- Draft WRMP19 Further information in support of our statement of response
- WRMP19 SEA
- WRMP19 SEA Appendices