In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
South of Finghall, off the A684 Leyburn to Bedale Road, North Yorkshire.
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Unsurfaced, mostly grassy path which can get muddy at wetter times of year. Mostly quite flat, with one section of steeper climbing, followed by a gentle descent.
How to get there
You can use our free car park, which is off Moor Lane (HG4 4BQ).
Take the A684 heading west. After about ½ a mile, turn left onto Sinks Lane. After a mile, turn left onto Moor End Lane, which then becomes No Man’s Moor Lane. Continue on this road for about 3 miles, then turn left onto Moor Lane. After about ½ a mile, you will come to the car park on the right.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport currently available to Thornton Steward Reservoir.