In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
2 miles north of Penistone.
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
There are no slopes apart from the initial hill down from the car park. The path is surfaced the full way around, except for on the embankment between points 1 and 4 on the walk guide. The embankment is grassy and can sometimes be muddy.
How to get there
You can use our free car park (S36 7EZ), just off the A629.
There are only 32 parking spaces at this car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
Head north on the B6462 (Huddersfield Road) for about a mile, until it meets the A629 (Halifax Road). Turn left to follow the A629 for about 200 metres, where the entrance to Scout Dike’s car park is on the left.
By public transport
There is a bus stop 1 mile away on Talbot Road. Penistone train station (S36 6AJ) is also a 1 ¾ mile walk away.