We're carrying out essential work that may affect your visit
From 20 September until 5 November 2021, we’ll be clearing vegetation around Royd Moor Reservoir.
Our contractors will be using the footpaths to move vehicles and machinery while they work. All vehicles will follow a 5mph speed limit and have flashing beacons and horns. Warning signs will be in place and vehicles will stop for walkers and horse riders.
We kindly ask that visitors take extra care walking and riding around the reservoir during our work.
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
North of Penistone.
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
From points 1-2 on the walking guide along the eastern edge of the walk, the path is a wide surfaced track. As the walk continues past point 2, it becomes unsurfaced and can be muddy with lots of tree roots covering the path. There are no steps or stiles. Sturdy boots are recommended for this walk.
How to get there
On-street parking is located near point 1 on Royd Moor Road, S36 7RD
Take the A628 heading West. After 0.7miles, take a sharp right heading into Thurlstone. Head uphill along Towngate and after 0.1miles, bear left onto Royd Moor Road. After 0.8miles, you’ll see a small car park on your right.
By public transport
Unfortunately, there are no public transport links for Royd Moor Reservoir.