In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open during the national lockdown for people to exercise locally. We ask that you follow the latest guidance to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe. In the current lockdown this includes:
- Please do not travel to one of our sites if it isn’t local (which the government has defined as the village, town, or part of a city where you live).
- Please only visit to exercise with your household, your support bubble, or to meet one other person.
All our toilet facilities are currently closed so please be mindful of this when visiting.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Please maintain social distancing throughout your visit.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you and do not light any BBQs or fires.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Need an easier walk?
Great news! Our Ogden walk has wheelchair friendly gates with RADAR key locks at each end. The path is wide, well surfaced and mostly flat with gentle slopes.
Ogden, north of Halifax.
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route closest to the reservoir has wheelchair friendly gates with RADAR key locks at each end. The path is wide, well surfaced and mostly flat with only mild gradients. Those wishing to can explore the woodland paths which can be damp and steep.
How to get there
The car park (£1 parking charge) and toilets are run by Calderdale Council. The car park can be accessed from Ogden Lane just off the A629.
Follow the A629 North for 4 miles and turn onto Ogden Lane to find the car park.
By public transport
There is a bus stop on Halifax Road/A629 1 mile away from the start of this walk.