In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
3 miles North of Skipton just off the A59
2 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Half of the walk is on wide footpaths and tarmac road and half is on grass paths which can be boggy. The footbridge is rather narrow as well.
How to get there
From Skipton, take the A6131 towards Settle, Kendal and Grassington. After 2miles, turn left onto Skipton Road. Follow the road for another mile into Embsay and turn left onto West Lane. After 0.3miles, turn left onto Pasture Road. Follow this road, ignoring the blue Yorkshire Water sign for the treatment works. The car park will be on your right.
By public transport
There is a bus stop in Embsay on Main Street a mile away from the reservoir walk.