In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
The car park (£1 parking charge) and toilets are run by Calderdale Council. The car park can be accessed from Ogden Lane just off the A629.
Head South on South St/A629. After 2 miles, take the 1st exit from the roundabout on to Halifax Rd/A629. Continue on the road for 5½ miles and turn right onto Ogden Lane to find the car park.
By public transport
There is a bus stop on Halifax Road/A629 1 mile away from the start of this walk.