In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open during the national lockdown for people to exercise locally. We ask that you follow the latest guidance to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe. In the current lockdown this includes:
- Please do not travel to one of our sites if it isn’t local (which the government has defined as the village, town, or part of a city where you live).
- Please only visit to exercise with your household, your support bubble, or to meet one other person.
All our toilet facilities are currently closed so please be mindful of this when visiting.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Please maintain social distancing throughout your visit.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you and do not light any BBQs or fires.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Pateley Bridge, near Dibbles Bridge
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Mostly well surfaced paths aside from a short stretch at the beginning and the last half a mile. There are no steps or stiles on the route but there are several gradual slopes to ascend.
How to get there
You can use our free car park (BD23 5ED) next to Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club just off the B6265. Please note; there is a height barrier at the entrance to this car park.
From Pateley Bridge
take the B6265 towards Skipton. After 7.5 miles, the access road for the reservoir car park will be on your right marked with blue Yorkshire Water signs.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport available to this reservoir.