The toilets at Grimwith Reservoir are closed for refurbishment
Please check back for updates.
In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Pateley Bridge, near Dibbles Bridge
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Mostly well surfaced paths aside from a short stretch at the beginning and the last half a mile. There are no steps or stiles on the route but there are several gradual slopes to ascend.
How to get there
You can use our free car park (BD23 5ED) next to Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club just off the B6265. Please note; there is a height barrier at the entrance to this car park.
From Pateley Bridge
take the B6265 towards Skipton. After 7.5 miles, the access road for the reservoir car park will be on your right marked with blue Yorkshire Water signs.
By public transport
Unfortunately there is no public transport available to this reservoir.