In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Need an easier walk?
We try to make our reservoirs as accessible as possible. The route up to point 2 crosses farmland which can be uneven and boggy. The rest of the walk follows surfaced paths and roads. There are 2 stiles but no steps on this walk. You can find our more by reading our walk guide.
7 miles North of Leeds City Centre
3 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route up to point 2 crosses farmland which can be uneven and boggy. The rest of the walk follows surfaced paths and roads. There are 2 stiles but no steps on this walk.
How to get there
on-street parking is located near point 1 on Alwoodley Lane, LS17 7PF. Please park considerably and don’t impede any access. As Eccup is an urban site, directions to the start of the walk can be complicated. Please visit Google Maps and and use the postcode LS17 7PF to find directions from where you are.
By public transport
There is a bus stop on Alwoodley Lane which is 600m/0.4 miles from the start of this walk.