In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Need an easier walk?
Great news! The path on our Blackmoorfoot walk is mostly flat and well-surfaced,with a consistent two metre width throughout. There are no steps, stiles or gates on this route.
Situated between Meltham and Slaithwaite; south-west of Huddersfield.
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The path is relatively flat and well-surfaced, with a consistent two metre width throughout. There are no steps, stiles or gates on this route.
How to get there
There is no car park at Blackmoorfoot Reservoir, however some roadside parking is available on Reservoir Side Road (HD7 5JW) which runs along the eastern edge of Blackmoorfoot and along the access road on the south side (HD9 5RW). Please park with consideration for other road users.
Leave the city via Blackmoorfoot Road, heading south-west. After 2 ¾ miles, turn left onto Black Lane and then take the next right onto Reservoir Side Road.
By public transport
There is a bus stop at the junction between Blackmoorfoot Road and Black Lane, just a few hundred metres from the start of this route.