In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Need an easier walk?
Great news! Our Ardsley route is flat and follows surfaced pathways and tarmac tracks. There are no steps or stiles, and the only gate on the route is wheelchair and mobility scooter friendly (with a radar key). You can find our more by reading our walk guide.
East Ardsley, near Wakefield
1 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
Well surfaced pathways or a tarmac track. Large puddles can sometimes collect on the path across the embankment after spells of wet weather. Consistently flat gradient. There are no steps or stiles, and the only gate on the route is wheelchair and mobility scooter friendly (with a radar key).
How to get there
You can use the free car park (WF3 1EE), which is just off Haigh Moor Road, on the western side of the reservoir. This is easily accessible from a number of main roads; it is less than 3 miles away from the M1, the M62, and the A650.
There are only 19 parking spaces at this car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
By public transport
There are bus stops along Haigh Moor Road, a short walk away from point 1 of the route at the car park.
For up to date travel information from any location visit google maps to search directions.