In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
Digley offers a varied walk alongside woods, through fields and the edge of the moor, with plenty of lovely scenery along the way.
Car parking is available at our free car park on Brownhill Lane, HD9 2QW.
Head south-west on Huddersfield Road/A6024. After 1.8 miles, you will pass through Holmbridge and just after the bridge crossing the River Holme, turn left onto Bank Lane which bears sharply right after 250 feet. Bank Lane becomes Bronwnhill Lane and after 0.8 miles, you will find Ramsden Car Park on your left.
There are only 10 parking spaces at this car park, and they fill up quickly most days.
By public transport
The closest bus stop is in Holmbridge which is 1 mile from the start of the walk.