In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
You can use our free Langsett Barn car park (S36 4GY) just off the A616. Alternative parking is available at Langsett Flouch car park which is further west along the A616, approximately 250 metres before the Flouch roundabout. Please be aware that there is a height barrier at this car park.
Follow the A638. After about 3 miles, the main road curves to the right; here turn left along Fullshaw Lane, which then becomes Gilbert Hill. You will meet the A616 after about a mile; turn right and look out for the entrance to Langsett Barn car park on your left after less than 100m.
There are only 62 parking spaces at Langsett Barn car park and 24 at Langsett Flouch car park which they fill up quickly most days.
By public transport
There is a bus stop 0.1 miles away opposite the Wagon and Horses pub and 1.3 miles away on Manchester Road.