In accordance with government guidance, our recreational sites and car parks remain open for people to exercise outdoors. We ask that you follow the latest guidance on group sizes and social distancing to help keep yourself, our key workers and others safe.
If you do plan to visit, we continue to request that you are respectful of our sites, staff members, other visitors and local communities:
- Do not light any BBQs or fires and call 999 to report any uncontrolled fires that may be at risk of spreading.
- Make sure you take any litter home with you.
- Please follow any instructions on signage around the site.
- Please follow designated paths. The paths are there to keep you and our key workers safe.
- If the car park is full, please do not park on verges or on the road as this causes traffic issues and can block important access for operational vehicles or the emergency services.
7 miles South-West of Halifax.
4 out of 4
Terrain & gradient
The route is almost entirely on unsurfaced paths with stiles, steps and steep ascents in places. Suitable footwear and clothing is recommended as the moorland can be harsh and changeable.
How to get there
Car parking is available at our free car park on Swift Place, Ripponden HX6 4LE.
From the M62
Exit at Junction 22 and take the A672 heading towards Halifax, Ripponden and Sowerby Bridge. After 5 and a half miles, turn sharp left in Ripponden onto Rochdale Road, A58. Follow this road for 0.2 miles where the entrance to Swift Place will be on your left.
By public transport
The closest bus stop is on Rochdale Road, a 0.2 mile walk from the beginning of this route.