Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (T&C’s) are for the prize draw to have your water bill paid for a year.
These T&C’s set out the legal rules applicable to this competition being run by Yorkshire Water Services Limited (Yorkshire Water), a company with its registered address at Western House, Western Way, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ.
Participants shall be bound by these T&C’s upon entering and are advised to read and understand them before entering.
• Yorkshire Water domestic customers can enter the free water competition via:
- The Yorkshire Water website: yorkshirewater.com/whatwedo
• The competition opens on 2nd February 2016
• The competition will close on 31st May 2016 at 11.59pm
• Customers will have to enter their details on the yorkshirewater.com/whatwedo page
• Only one entry will be accepted per household. Yorkshire Water does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries for any reason or cause whatsoever. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
• The competition is open to Yorkshire Water domestic customers only. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Kelda Group Limited or its subsidiaries or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation, the running of the competition, or their direct family members.
• Entrants must fully complete the above entry form and comply with all rules to be eligible to win the competition. Entrants must be 18 years or over to enter the competition.
• Yorkshire Water reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition.
• The prize comprises of free water and sewerage charges from 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017 to the value of the customer’s bill to a maximum value of £750.
• 1 completed entry will be drawn at random from all correct entries; the winner shall be notified by 30th June 2016 via email. An entry is deemed completed when the customer has completed all parts of the entry form, which includes first and surname, postcode and email address.
• The winner’s bill will be paid once the winner has been chosen, contacted and announced. The amount shown on their measured statement will be paid back to the customer as a refund if the customer has already paid their bill or written off from their account as a one off transaction.
• If Yorkshire Water cannot contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Yorkshire Water’s sole discretion) Yorkshire Water reserves the right to re-draw a winner until a winner on these terms is found.
• Prizes are non-transferable. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Yorkshire Water reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
• Yorkshire Water's decision shall be final in respect of every situation relating to this competition including any issue not addressed in these terms. Yorkshire Water reserves the right to cancel, extend or alter in any way whatsoever the t&cs of this competition. Yorkshire Water cannot be held responsible if for any reason beyond its reasonable control the competition should be modified, shortened or cancelled.
• Yorkshire Water shall have no responsibility to any entrant or to any third party for any reason whatsoever to the extent that such liability may arise from any competition to which these rules apply.
• By entering the Competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these rules and consent to the processing of their personal information for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
• These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.