Advice before applying for planning approval
Sewer closure, Building over sewers, Sewer connections
Apply for a new water connection here
Developing a sustainable drainage system for Yorkshire
Domestic water meter location
Find out more about our self-lay services
Find out more about our levels of service
If you're planning a new development, we've got a number of services you'll find useful.
If you're developing a new site or considering purchasing land for development you can request information from us regarding our ability to supply water to this site. Please complete and return the form to request this information.
We'll provide the following information within two weeks:-
• Confirmation we can provide water to the site.
• A copy of our mains records for the area.
• Details of any diversions or reinforcement work required to supply the water.
• Indicative costs for any diversions or reinforcement work.
• Whether the development can be supplied by gravity or will require pumps and storage.
We can't provide you with exact costs at this stage, but if you've got detailed plans you can apply for a connection. You'll need to be either the owner of the land or acting on the owners behalf to apply for a water connection.
Download the form below for a water availability assessment for a proposed new development:
We offer a suite of services from a pre-planning sewerage enquiry to adoption of new sewers.
• Planning for the availability of public sewer network capacity, flood assessments, build over and demolition matters - contact 0345 120 84 82.
• New connections to public sewers, sewer adoption, requisitions and diversions - 0345 120 84 82.
• Inspection of new sewer connections and the monitoring of construction to ensure compliance - 0345 120 84 82.
We announced our long term Natural Flood Management plan for the Calder…
Batemoor and Lowedges in Sheffield will be better protected from sewer…
We’re carrying out some routine maintenance of the reservoir overflow at…