Advice before applying for planning approval
Sewer closure, Building over sewers, Sewer connections
Apply for a new water connection here
Developing a sustainable drainage system for Yorkshire
Domestic water meter location
Find out more about our self-lay services
Find out more about our levels of service
If you need to submit drawings with an adoption of sewers submission, you'll find our guidelines really useful.
Take a look below to see the Do's and Don'ts when it comes to submitting drawings.
• Ensure prospective abandoned public sewers remain black and are shown cross-hatched.
• Ensure all other items on the drawing remain black so they don't detract from the clarity of the public sewer proposals.
• Denote cover levels at low level points on the layout of private drainage so that flooding checks can be undertaken against surcharge levels on the adoptable system.
• Colour existing sewers as these are already public sewers.
• Colour gullies.
• Colour sewer lengths serving highway drainage only.
• Colour watercourses.
• The proposed sewers should indicate pipe material, diameter, and direction of flow.
• All laterals should indicate pipe size, direction of flow and gradient.
• Foul water laterals should be coloured brown, these should be coloured from demarcation chamber to demarcation chamber or demarcation chamber to manhole.
• Surface water laterals should be coloured blue
• Diverted sewers and manholes should be coloured purple.
• Abandoned sewers should be coloured green with crosses through.
These terms and conditions (T's&C’s) are for the Yorkshire Water…
An influx of anglers is expected at our fishery in the Washburn Valley near…
Humberstone Bank Farm in the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is…