Set up or change a Direct Debit
Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay and you’ll be able to choose when you make your payments.
If you want to change your existing Direct Debit, just complete our Change the way you pay form with your new details and we’ll change your payment plan.Set up or change a Direct Debit
Frequently asked questions
If you have a water meter, when you set up a Direct Debit online you can choose to pay:
If you don’t have a water meter, when you set up a Direct Debit online you can choose to pay:
- over 8, 10 or 12 months.
If you would prefer a different payment option please speak to us. You can get in touch here.
A Direct Debit is an instruction from you to your bank or building society which allows us to collect payment for your water and waste water services from your bank account.
We’ll always let you know how much your payments will be and when we’ll be collecting them.
You also benefit from the Direct Debit Guarantee:
- An immediate refund from your bank if there's an error.
- Advance notice if the date, frequency or amount of the payment changes.
- The right to cancel at any time.
The Direct Debit Guarantee protects you in the rare event that there’s an error in the payment of your Direct Debit. Here are the details, taken from the Direct Debit website:
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 5 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify the organisation.