How can we help?
On this page you can find information about our partnership fund, help to pay schemes, other ways to cut bills, information about our Priority Service Register, handy downloads and some useful links.
Our partnership fund
We have lots of free services for vulnerable customers who need a little extra help but a lot of our customers don't know this help is available.
That's where you come in. We want to work with charities and organisations to help spread this important message. If you think you can help us, or you want to find out more, download our funded partnership application form.
Applications are now closed
Help to pay schemes
We don't want anyone to have to worry about paying their water bills. If your client needs financial help, the following schemes are available:
- Watersure - for metered customers, who are in receipt of an income-based benefit and then have either a medical condition which requires the use of more water OR have at least 3 dependent children
- WaterSupport - for low income customers with annual water charges over £430
- Community Trust - for customers with Yorkshire Water arrears between £50 to £2000 and one other priority debt
- Resolve - for customers with over 12 months’ worth of arrears and on a low income
- Water Direct - for those customers on deductible benefits, who have arrears over £75, we can arrange to take a fixed amount direct from their benefit
Other ways to reduce their bills
If your client isn’t eligible for our support schemes or they want to save more money, here are some other ways your client can cut their bills:
- Water meters - depending on water usage and how many people are in their home, your client could save money with a water meter
- Save water - a few small changes can make a big difference and save a lot of water, which may reduce your client’s utility bills
- Free water saving pack - free gadgets are available to all our customers to help them save water and reduce their bills
Priority services register
If your client struggles to read their bills, needs a constant supply of water or they're worried about unwanted callers, we're here to help.
We can help your client if they:
- have sight problems
- are deaf or hard of hearing
- have home dialysis
- use a wheelchair or have mobility concerns
- are a new parent
- are concerned about unwanted callers
- need help reading their water meter
- need to know about planned works earlier
- would like someone else to manage their account.