Copyright Yorkshire Water Services Limited
This site is published subject to the following conditions:
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere in this website, with respect to a particular portion, file or document, any person is hereby authorised to view, copy, print, and distribute this website or any part thereof subject to the following conditions:
This website may be used for information and for non-commercial purposes only Yorkshire Water Services Limited reserves the right to invoke the authorisation set out in this notice at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from Yorkshire Water Services Limited.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Website and Online Billing Platform
- This Website and the Yorkshire Water online billing platform is operated by Yorkshire Water Services Ltd (registered company number 02366682 whose registered office is Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ, VAT Number 500555780) ("We" or "Us").
- By using this Website and/or the Yorkshire Water online billing platform you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The website may be used for information and for non-commercial purposes only.
- You agree to use the Yorkshire Water Website and online billing platform responsibly and agree not to:-
-> Transmit material of a racist, obscene or otherwise derogatory or inappropriate nature.
-> Maliciously interrupt or damage our services.
-> Use the Yorkshire Water online billing platform for any fraudulent or illegal purpose.
Yorkshire Water Online billing platform
- In order to access the Yorkshire Water online billing platform you must complete the registration process by providing us with your name, email address, and password.
- You must hold a valid and recognised email account to use the Yorkshire Water online billing platform. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email account is both accurate and valid and remains so. If you change your e-mail address, you should let us know immediately through the Yorkshire Water online billing platform.
- By completing the registration process and each time you use your email address and password to log into your account you are authorising us to carry out all the instructions you have given us on this website.
- You will only be granted access to use the Yorkshire Water online billing platform if you log on with your email address and password. Do not share your password with anyone else, even our customer services advisors. We will never ask you for your email address by phone, email or mail.
- Keep your details safe and please do not write them down. If you think that somebody may know your password you can change it immediately once your have logged into the Yorkshire Water online billing platform.
- For your protection, if you enter your email address and password incorrectly ten times, we will block access to your account.
- To reactivate any blocked accounts you will need to call us on the number identified in the "Contacting Us" section.
Unused, Lapsed and Duplicate Accounts
- We retain the right, in our absolute discretion, to refuse access to, disable or discontinue any element of the website or Yorkshire Water online billing platform at any time, without prior notification and without provision of reasons why. We retain the right to delete or remove online accounts where we deem them to have been misused, duplicated, dormant, or invalid for a period of time.
- Where possible we will contact you by email when we discontinue any accounts. Your supply will not be affected and we will continue to send your bills through the post.
- If we close or delete your account, you can ask us for a new online account at any time.
- If you need to contact us about your online billing platform Account or the website, you can call the Customer Contact Centre on 0844 9020286. You may use this number if you are experiencing problems with using the website, your online account, if you are unable to view your bill or you are unable to make a payment.
- Certain hypertext links in this website will take you to websites that are not under the control of Yorkshire Water. When you activate any of these or click on any links, you will leave our website. Yorkshire Water has no control over and will accept no responsibility for any statements, information, material, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any other websites owned or operated by third parties.
- We will not accept any responsibility or liability for websites we frame and we recommend that you review the website terms and conditions that are applicable to the third party website.
- The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that we approve of or endorse any other third party website or the content of that website.
Product, Services and Competition Terms and Conditions
- If you apply for any product, service or competition mentioned on this website, you should read these terms and conditions with any other terms and conditions which relate to the product, service or competition, and if there is any contradiction between them the specific terms and conditions relating to the product, service or competition will apply.
- We can change the prices and details of products and services (and any offers) shown online at any time, without giving notice. We can only provide products and services if they are available and we cannot guarantee that they will be.
- We reserve the right to remove or to stop supplying any product, service or competition on this website at any time without giving notice. If we remove a product, service or competition, we will not be responsible to you.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- The logo of Yorkshire Water Services Limited is a registered Trade Mark and any unauthorised use of the logo may constitute a breach of that Mark. The name or logo of Yorkshire Water Services Limited may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of any of the information contained in this website without specific, prior written permission of Yorkshire Water Services Limited. Disclaimer & Limitations of Liability
- Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
-> loss of business;
-> loss of profits or contracts;
-> loss of anticipated savings;loss of data;
-> loss of goodwill;
-> loss of income or revenue;
-> wasted management or office time;
-> and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This clause 9 does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Yorkshire Water has the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time by posting new terms and conditions on the website. We will make the latest version of the terms and conditions available for you to read at all times.
- It is your responsibility to read the website terms and conditions regularly to make sure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of our website and online billing platform will be deemed acceptance of the changes to the terms and conditions.
- We recommend that, from time to time, you print off and keep a copy of these terms and conditions, and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product, service or competition that you apply for on our website for your own records.
- None of the provisions in these terms and conditions affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or enforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Yorkshire Water Services Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Yorkshire Water Services Ltd (registered company number 02366682) of Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ, VAT Number 500555780.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or that you allowed us to use by using our website or downloadable mobile applications. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, using the online billing platform or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer or devices, including where available your IP address - type of device, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When you use one of our location-enabled services on our website or our the downloadable mobile applications, we may collect and process information about your actual location. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time either by modifying the geo-location settings of your web browser or the location awareness permissions of your mobile device.
For the same reasons as above, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser, your mobile device or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our systems site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the services site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make our services websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information.
The Cookies that we use on our website or mobile applications are listed below:
A cookie that Microsoft ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier for a visitor's session.
The session cookie expires immediately after the internet browser is closed.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Online billing secure login
A cookie, which enables visitors to login to their accounts.
The cookie expires immediately after the internet browser is closed and/or the visitor has logged out.
Online billing message
A cookie used by the Yorkshire Water online billing platform to track when a visitor hides a message notification.
These message notifications appear on the website home page once a visitor has logged in to the online billing area, to inform of up and coming maintenance events.
This cookie expires after one month.
This cookie monitors website clicks and statistics and helps us to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our website.
So service is available when you want it and fast, we measure numbers and volumes of visitors.
We also want to understand what visitors want to read about or not, so we can improve the service you receive.
This cookie expires after 10 years
These cookies help us to integrate sharing tools and facilities onto our website.
If a visitor chooses to do so, particular content on our site can be shared on e.g. Facebook or Twitter.
The various Google cookies are used by Google to store visitor preferences and information when viewing and accessing Google Maps within our website.
The Yorkshire Water built cookies are used for the 'in your area' section of our website.
The cookie remembers your location and survey settings should you wish to use this service again.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may store your personal information on your local device, such as your computer or mobile phone to assist you in your repeated use of our services. We have no control over inappropriate access to this data. You can delete this information at any time using the facilities of your Internet browser or by removing our application from your mobile device.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Yorkshire Water Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office address.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Yorkshire Water Paperless Billing Service
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY IN FULL AND IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THEM YOU SHOULD NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE PAPERLESS BILLING SERVICE OR MAKE USE OF OUR WEBSITE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM CAREFULLY AND IN FULL BEFORE REGISTERING.
1. By using the Yorkshire Water paperless bill service, you accept that you will no longer receive a paper bill.
2. Once you have applied for the paperless service, an email will be sent to the e-mail address that you have previously registered on the online billing platform. This e-mail will indicate that your account bill is ready to view.
3. You must have a valid e-mail account to use the paperless bill service. You must provide us with the correct and currently valid address of the e-mail account to which you would like notification of your bill availability to be sent. The accuracy of that e-mail address is entirely your responsibility and in particular, but without limitation, should that e-mail account ever become invalid or should you wish notification of your bill availability to be sent to a different e-mail account it shall be your responsibility to notify us as set out below. You shall remain fully liable for any bills of which notification has been sent to your previous e-mail address.
4. If you would like to change the registered e-mail address you may do so at any time via the online billing platform.
5. Yorkshire Water reserves the right to refuse use of the paperless service to anyone for any reason whatsoever in its absolute discretion. Further, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the paperless service to you or all recipients at our discretion and at any time.
6. Any instructions that you give to Yorkshire Water via the online billing platform are subject to acceptance by us and you should not believe or assume they have been accepted unless and until confirmed by e-mail.
7. All bills of which notification is sent to you by e-mail are payable to Yorkshire Water and are due and payable on the "payable by date" of each bill. You shall remain fully responsible and liable to pay any bills of which notification has been sent to the e-mail address you have specified regardless of whether or not you access that e-mail account and read the relevant e-mail, are disconnected from your e-mail account for any reason or fail to read the relevant notification.
8. If you do not pay your bills on time Yorkshire Water may issue reminders and legal proceedings may be pursued, and reminders, solicitors/legal letters will be sent via the postal system.
9. Bills may be paid to Yorkshire Water by any of the methods identified on your paperless bill.
10. If you wish to cancel the paperless bill service, you may do so at anytime via the online billing platform. You should allow at least 5 working days for the paperless bill service to be switched off and after that date no further notification of any bills will be sent to you by e-mail. You should continue to monitor your e-mail account to ensure that you do not miss any paperless bills sent by us in the interim while the paperless service is deactivated and you will remain fully responsible for payment of any bills sent by Yorkshire Water.
11. Yorkshire Water cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to the paperless bill service and makes no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, availability, functionality, that it will be free of error or disruption or otherwise. We will provide notice to you regarding permanent discontinuance of service where the circumstances reasonably allow. We may prevent you from using the service immediately without notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
12. You agree to use the paperless bill service responsibly. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by Yorkshire Water or any third party.
13. The Yorkshire Water paperless bill service is provided free of charge.
If you require any further information,
please contact us